This is an amazingly quick and easy healthy salad option. Perfect for a lunchbox.
Back to school. Back to diet? That’s definitely what it feels like to me!
I had such a chaotic week last week – labels galore, last minute shoe shopping and my ultimate favourite – Sports Direct! After about an hour in there trying to get some hockey boots for my daughter (who hates hockey so will probably only wear them twice!) I was close to tears.
Well now the little darlings are all happily packed off to school and it’s time to give myself a little bit of focus again. So back to healthy eating and running in the rain!
This is a quick salad that I made the first day the kids were back at school as I hadn’t had a chance to go to the shops yet! I like it because it uses simple store cupboard ingredients, avoids pesky fattening mayonnaise (the dressing made of mustard, yogurt, and vinegar has only 21 cals per serving and can be used on many different salads where a creamy dressing is needed) and is still absolutely delicious and ridiculously easy.
Tuna and Bean Salad
Serves 2 • Ready in 2 minutes
1 x 400g (14oz) can butter (lima) beans, rinsed and drained (182 cals)
1 x 160g (6oz) can tuna in water, drained (113 cals)
1 medium tomato, chopped (14 cals)
10cm/4in cucumber, chopped (20 cals)
1 spring (green) onion chopped (5 cals)
1 tbsp natural yoghurt (30 cals)
1 tsp English mustard (11 cals)
Salt and pepper
1 tsp white wine vinegar (2 cals)
• Place the beans and tuna in a mixing bowl and stir together. Add the tomato, cucumber and spring onion.
• In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, mustard, salt and pepper and white wine vinegar. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
• Alternatively, this is a great salad for putting in a tub and taking with you for your lunch.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes