I thought I’d share one of my easy recipes from my 7 Day Detox book today: Surprisingly Easy Stuffed Peppers
(HINT: Get it here >>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jacquelines-Day-Detox-Healthy-Recipes/dp/0995531854/ )
If you’re looking for an easy lunch or dinner recipe then this could be the one.
“More filling than a salad, more substantial than a soup, and infinitely better for you than a sandwich.”
This hot meal can be on the table in 20 minutes. Plus, even the most amateur cooks can rustle this dish up … and it wouldn’t look out of place served up as an alternative main course for vegetarian friends.
I’ve used tinned cannellini beans for this recipe. But never fear! If you don’t have them in the cupboard, most kind of beans – butterbeans, borlotti beans, black beans, even kidney beans would work fine.
Top tip for novice cooks: Leave the stalk on the pepper when you bake it. This helps it to retain its shape when cooking. When you halve the pepper lengthways just slice straight through the stalk, then cut out the seeds.
Surprisingly Easy Stuffed Peppers
SERVES 1 • READY IN 20 MINUTES
1 red or yellow (bell) pepper, top removed, halved and deseeded
1 tsp olive oil
½ x 400g (14oz) can cannellini beans
½ clove garlic, crushed
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
1 spring onion, finely chopped
4 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
Small handful fresh parsley, stalks removed and finely chopped
40g/1½oz feta cheese
4 black olives, sliced
40g (1½oz) baby spinach, stalks removed
5cm (2in) cucumber, halved and cut into semi-circles
• Preheat the oven to 240C/220C fan/450F.
• Rub the red (bell) pepper halves all over with the olive oil. Place face down on a small baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place the cannellini bean, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. Mash the beans roughly with the back of a fork and stir until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the spring onion, cherry tomatoes and parsley.
• Remove the peppers from the oven and turn them the right way up. Distribute the bean salad evenly between the two peppers. Crumble the feta over the top and add the olives. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
• Serve the stuffed peppers straight from the oven on a bed of spinach leaves and cucumber.
There’s still time to get your hands on my amazing new diet and healthy eating programme. It’s called Jacqueline’s 7 Day Detox: Eat Healthy, Eat Light, Lose up to 7 Pounds.
Is this book for you?
Do you want a structured and easy eating plan? 3 meals a day? My trademark ‘simple and delicious’ recipes?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any or all of these questions then this friendly eating plan can help you lose up to 7 pounds in a week… while still eating healthily.
And, to make things even more juicy, I’m offering some amazing bonuses:
Bonus 1: 1-2-3 Get Ready to Detox Guide
Bonus 2: Everything you need SHOPPING LIST
Bonus 3: Two Bonus Recipes
Full details are inside the book – along with a link where you can get all your bonuses.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes