Green Omelette… Three meals a day and no snacking is the central pillar of my metabolic weight-loss plan – but – trust me – I know it can be a mighty challenge to find time for a healthy breakfast on one of those mornings.
Those mornings the kids are taking their hats/gloves/socks/shoes off quicker than you’re putting them on. Those mornings it’s oh-so-tempting to wear your PJs to the school gate. Those mornings it feels like you’ve done a day’s work and it’s only eight thirty AM.
But even when it’s dark, damp and you’ve got an arm-length to-do list, it’s possible to turn few eggs into a total daymaker. And once this recipe is in your arsenal you’ll have it down in minutes – I’m speaking from experience here.
This quick ‘n’ eggy delight will keep you satisfied without the blood sugar drop an hour after leaving the house. It packs in everything a wholesome breakfast should have and provides a perfect protein source that won’t break the bank.
So here it is, my metabolic fat-loss omelette. Beat and heat your way to a brekky with bags of flavour and plenty of veggies, all without derailing your diet plans. There’s a reason it’s called the most important meal of the day over and over again – because, quite simply, it is.
If you want a healthy and protein-rich start to the day, you can’t go wrong with this appetising green omelette.
Serves 1 • Ready in 10 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
2 large eggs, at room temperature
Handful (20g) rocket leaves
Small handful (10g) parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• In a wide frying pan, heat the oil on a medium-low heat and gently fry the shallot for 5 minutes. Turn the heat up a little bit and cook for another 2 minutes.
• In a bowl or cup, whisk the eggs together well with a fork. Distribute the shallot evenly around the pan before pouring in the eggs. Tip the pan slightly to each side so that the egg is evenly distributed. Cook for a minute or so before lifting the sides of the omelette and letting any runny egg slip into the base of the pan. Immediately sprinkle over the rocket leaves and parsley and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes