Are you a cheese-loving dieter? Me too! Here’s the lunchbox salad we’ve been waiting for #weightloss #instafood
We’ve chatted before about how a little planning pays off massively when it comes to weight-loss. Midday munchies are a red flag for many of us, which is why (even though it can sometimes feel like a pain to make them) I always pack my own lunches. My workload might be unpredictable but my calories don’t have to be.
This lunchbox favourite came about when, like lots of cheese-loving dieters, I found myself drooling – and weeping – over a creamy Camembert. I could feel my willpower draining away as I dreamed of spooning it generously onto a waiting cracker.
So I put together this lovely salad recipe, for a diet-friendly taste of cheesy nirvana.
Rich Brie goes so well with the crisp freshness of cucumber and, of course, the sweet juiciness of grapes; both much-loved (and low cal) additions to the cheese board. Walnuts are another classic partner for creamy cheeses.
I just toss them all together with salad leaves and this simple dressing, for a packed lunch that never feels sad or lacking (and is really quick to make too).
Brie and Grape Salad Lunchbox
The salad and dressing can be made up separately and then combined at lunchtime. A small pot with a secure lid is perfect for the dressing.
Serves 1 • Ready in 5 minutes
50g baby kale
50g (5cm) cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
Small handful (10g) flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
30g Brie, cut into chunks
About 10 red seedless grapes, halved
20g walnuts, halved
For the dressing:
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lime
½ tsp brown sugar
½ tsp salt
- Simply place the kale, cucumber and parsley on a serving plate or in a lunchbox. Arrange the Brie, grapes and walnuts over the top.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small dish (or lidded pot) and mix together. When you are ready to serve the salad, pour the dressing over.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes