It’s true. All-in-One Chicken Biryani Curry is the simplest and quickest chicken tea ever. No chopping. Ready in 15 minutes.
I love cooking this dinner when it’s just me and my hubby at home. As long as I have some chicken I know I can put this meal on the table in just 15 minutes. Somehow this mild chicken all-in-one curry tastes creamy but is actually really low fat.
If it’s just you for dinner, I recommend cooling and keeping the second portion for lunch the next day.
All-in-one 15 minute Mild Chicken Biryani Curry
Serves 2 • Ready in 15 minutes
1 tbsp (15g) butter (111 cals)
2 tbsp chopped frozen onion (or half a fresh onion) (27 cals)
1 cardamom pod, split with the flat side of a knife
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
150g (5oz) chicken breast pieces (159 cals)
120g Basmati rice (423 cals)
350ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock, fresh or made with half a stock cube (17 cals)
Handful chopped parsley (optional – I use frozen)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Melt the butter in a large, lidded saucepan. Add the onion, cardamom, asafoetida, cinnamon, turmeric and bay leaf. Stir until the butter has melted. Add the chicken breast pieces. Then add the rice. Stir through until each grain is coated in the butter.
• Add the stock and bring to the boil. Stir once, then put the lid on the pan and turn the heat to low. Cook gently for 12 minutes. Uncover the rice and remove the cardamom and bay leaf. Check that the chicken is cooked through and the rice is soft. Add the parsley, if using, and season generously with salt and pepper.
• Transfer the chicken and rice to a serving dish or two plates. This dish is also lovely cold the next day.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes