I eat this granola absolutely every day.
Chia Choc Granola is fab because it’s really easy and really really tasty. There’s no sugar as we use the wonderful malt extract. No nasties. And it’s wonderfully filling because of the oats and chia. I like to have it with natural yogurt but it’s also great with milk.
“I find it so so tasty and can’t stop eating nor thinking about it – honestly no joke.” Susie, May 17
The granola forms a really important part of my 7 Day Detox Programme, where you can lose up to 7 pounds in 7 days. You eat 3 meals a day and can lose up to 7 pounds safely and healthily. Find Out More >>
CHIA CHOC GRANOLA
221 calories • 303 cals with yogurt
This amazing recipe is an absolute diet staple. Clever use of ingredients means that this recipe is more protein and fibre-rich than other cereals. And it contains only complex carbs and sugars. As a result, when combined with 100g/4oz natural yogurt this makes a really tasty and satisfying breakfast. Energy is released slowly and it is guaranteed to keep you full and curb hunger pangs for at least 4 hours. One batch makes 7x45g(13/4oz) portions.
Note: Malt Extract can be replaced with barley/rice malt syrup or maple syrup.
MAKES 7 PORTIONS • READY IN 30 MINS
200g (7oz) jumbo oats
20g (3/4oz) flaked almonds
20g (3/4oz) chia seeds
2 tbsp (30ml) mild olive oil
10g (1/3oz) butter
1 heaped tbsp (40g/1½oz) malt extract
40g (1½oz) dark chocolate chips
• Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/325F. Line a large lipped baking tray with greaseproof (waxed) paper or a silicone sheet.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds and chia seeds.
• Place the olive oil, butter and malt extract in a small non-stick saucepan. Heat very gently, stirring until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined. Do not allow to bubble or boil.
• Remove from the heat and pour into the oats. Mix together until all the oats have a light coating of the sweet butter. When fully coated, tip out onto the prepared baking tray and distribute over the tray. Allow some gaps and a few clumps to form on the tray rather than an even spread. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray. When cool, lightly break up larger pieces of granola. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over. Transfer to a lidded jar or air-tight container and store until needed.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes