Can i just repeat this? These Chocolate Meringue Biscuits have only 21 calories each. They are the perfect guilt-free snack or treat.
They are super easy to make… Much simpler than normal meringues. Enjoy. Perfect as a little treat for you. Or for a party or picnic. Enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Meringue Biscuits
21 calories per biscuit
Once cool, store these biscuits (cookies) in an airtight container. They will keep for 3–4 days.
Makes 24 biscuits • Ready in 2h
3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened cocoa) (140 cals), plus 1 tsp for dusting (6 cals)
75g (3oz) caster (superfine) sugar (296 cals)
6 egg whites at room temperature (54 cals)
a small pinch of salt
¼ tsp cream of tartar (2 cals)
1 tsp vanilla extract (12 cals)
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 130°C/fan 110°C/250°F/Gas mark ½ and line two baking sheets (cookie sheets) with greaseproof (waxed) paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the cocoa and caster (superfine) sugar together.
- Put the egg whites into a large, clean, dry bowl and, using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy. While whisking, add the salt, cream of tartar and vanilla extract, then add the cocoa and sugar mixture 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk the mixture until it forms stiff peaks.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Put the 1 teaspoon cocoa and the cinnamon into a small sieve (strainer) and dust the biscuits with the mixture. Bake in the oven for 1½ hours, then turn off the oven and leave the biscuits (cookies) to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar for another 2 hours.
- When the biscuits are cold, remove them from the oven and store in an airtight container.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes