Looking for everyday dinner inspiration? Look no further than this simple #lowcarb Chicken in White Wine which rocks in at 304 cals.
It’s not often I say this but this is one of my absolute favourite everyday dinners.
I think everyone has these don’t they? When you get home from a busy day and you’re hungry. You’ve not planned anything and you know you need to get dinner on the table as quickly as possible. Well this is one of my favourites. Why not add it to your list of ‘go-to’ dinners as well?
I featured this recipe in my Metabolic Fat-loss book (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0995531862/) and it’s proved really popular. In fact I’ve had more positive comments on this recipe THAN ANY OTHER! The pic is from Natalie who did the Metabolic plan last year.
It goes particularly well with broccoli or spring greens. You can serve it with rice or new potatoes or skip the carbs and just have lots and lots of veggies.
Chicken and Tenderstem Broccoli in White Wine
Serves 2 • Ready in 15 minutes
1 tsp olive oil (27 cals)
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed (4 cals)
2 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and sliced (10 cals)
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
2 × 150g (5oz) skinless chicken breast, both halved (318 cals)
150g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed (62 cals)
200ml (1 cup) dry white wine (132 cals)
2 tbsp light soft cheese (50 cals)
handful of fresh parsley, chopped (4 cals)
• Heat the oil, garlic, spring onions (scallions) and dried mixed herbs in a small lidded frying pan (skillet) or saucepan for 1–2 minutes until sizzling. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes until the first side turns golden.
• Turn the chicken over and add the broccoli and white wine. Put the lid on and as soon as it starts to simmer, turn the heat to low. Let the chicken continue to cook in the wine for a further 5 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked through before removing the chicken and broccoli from the pan and covering.
• Bring the remaining liquid in the pan back up to simmering and stir in the soft cheese. Bubble for 2–3 minutes until you get a pleasingly thick sauce. Stir in the parsley.
• Arrange the chicken and broccoli over the rice & add the sauce.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes