…and it’s an absolute doozy. Chicken Satay Sticks. Very easy and under 250 cals.
Today’s recipe is Chicken Satay Sticks. Perfect for barbecues or just an every day dinner. Everyone will love it and you can serve with a simple salad or add new potatoes or rice.
Chicken Satay Sticks
Serves 2 • Ready in 15 minutes, plus 15 mins marinating
1 shallot, peeled and diced (5 cals)
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed (3 cals)
2 tsp curry powder
1 level tbsp peanut butter (182 cals)
1 tsp runny honey (23 cals)
2 tbsp soy sauce (9 cals)
250g (9oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes, about 2.5cm (1in) square (265 cals)
• To make the marinade, mix the shallot, garlic, curry powder, peanut butter, honey and soy sauce together in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss until the chicken is coated all over in the marinade. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
• Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium or light the barbecue. Thread the chicken cubes onto 2–4 skewers, leaving room between the chicken pieces to allow them to cook thoroughly. Grill (broil) for about 10 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked through. Serve immediately.
- Real weight-loss that lasts
- Healthy & safe - helps blood sugar, cholesterol & energy
- Three balanced meals a day
- Clear advice that works
- Over 80 fresh and simple recipes